7 Random Facts About Me
I was tagged by Cheryle to post "7 Random Facts About Me." Here it goes:
- I have a merchant marine's license and used to work as a purser for American Cruise Lines. I had a wonderful experience sailing to all the Hawaiian islands except Ni'ihau.
- I was the regional impromptu speech champion but lost in the national level. I was devastated because the national champion represented the Philippines in Australia.
- I have a black belt in Taekwondo. I have started training when I was 15 until 25. I haven't trained in years so I am very rusty. Through Taekwondo, I learned so much about myself and a lot of my friends I met through training and demos. Yes, I can still break boards.
- A number of my family wanted me to go into the medical field, but I told them that it is not my interest. Besides, I've always believed that if you follow your interest, the money will come. I was right. I am happy I took History. I am now in the process of applying for grad school.
- I spent three years working in Dutch Harbor (part of the Aleutian Chain), Alaska. I started as a processor and moved on to become QC. I then went on to work for a hotel there and was provided housing and food privileges within the hotel. It was a sweet deal. Housekeeping and laundry were also included.
- I met Svetlana Boguinskaya in Alaska. She was known as the "Belarusian Swan," and she's a three-time Olympic champion. You can read more stuff about her here. Since Dutch Harbor was quite close to Russia, I think she was there to encourage children to get into gymnastics.
- I am the third and youngest child in the family. There's a nine-year gap between me and the second. I love being the youngest child.