* I love the smell and sight of flowers blooming in my bedroom and in my living room. I'd love to see flowers bloom at my garden. Flowers have the ability to make me smile and feel feminine. I still haven't decided what flowers I'd plant on my garden, but I'd like to see some pinks, purples and yellows.
Globe Thistle in full bloom at Williamsburg, VA.
* Last year, my tomatoes were a success. This year, I'd like to add more variety to my vegetable garden. I'm thinking sweet peas, green beans, lettuce, basil, mint and of course, tomatoes. If only I could plant malunggay or ampalaya here.
Last year's tomato harvest.
* I'm so lucky my house is at the border of two states, so I'd like to explore more of both states this spring and summer. Also, day trips are a great way to enjoy the warm weather and experience the beauty of the mid-atlantic.
Skyline Ridge, VA
* I still haven't crossed over to the e-books genre; I think I'll never will. I love the smell and feel of books too much. There's just something different about holding a real book on my hand, browsing through the pages, looking at real ink, and most especially, I love the smell of books especially if they're old, dusty, faded and chipped. The flutter of a book's pages being turned is music to my ears. I have a couple of unread books left but I know I'll be able to read 'em all soon. It would be nice to get some new ones to read and add to my library.
* I'm ready for the next adventure. June trip is already booked and confirmed. There are a few more things to take care of, but the dates are set. Scandinavia here I come!
* I believe stress is the culprit why some nights, sleep hides away from me. I miss those days when I'd sleep for a straight uninterrupted eight hours. I can't seem to calm my mind before and even during my sleep. What can I say, my mind is comparable to a "city that never sleeps." These spring and summer, I'd like more opportunity to nap and get caught up with sleep.
7.) BE FIT & HEALTHY
* I gained weight and my wardrobe is in limbo. I'd like to be out walking and exercising more this spring and summer. It's unfair that some people can eat so much yet still look fit. I, on the other hand, would just eat a few slices of bread and it would show up on my butt or thighs. Instead of complaining about it, I choose to be more active and fit.
8.) COMFY FLIP FLOPS
* I love wearing flip flops. This sunny season, all I want is find that "perfect" pair of flip flops that doesn't cut or cause me pain after a good amount of walking.
Taken during a tour at the Vatican, I had to wear flip flops because my shoes were soaked during a downpour the day before.
How about you? What are your ultimate wants this spring or summer?