Currently, the Magnolias are in full bloom and the city's now anticipating the Cherry Blossoms. So if you find yourself in DC this month, the peak bloom prediction of the blossoms is March 20–23, but apart from the blossoms there will be festival events for 5 weeks. This year's National Cherry Blossom Festival is the Centennial Celebration, paying tribute to the 100-year anniversary of the gift of trees from Japan.
The Cherry Blossom Festival is on the top of my "looking forward to" list, in addition to:
- finishing spring semester - I will not be taking summer courses as I badly need some rest.
- attending my first Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation Patient and Family Conference - it will be an opportunity to meet other patients like me. Please visit this website and learn more about bone marrow failure diseases.
- see Shen Yun this month with Kepi and Mom - I can't wait to see incredible acrobatic performances and traditional Chinese dances.
- the Sugarloaf Festival in April - A little shopping for crafty products.
- Iceland in May
- a trip to the beach in June - not sure which beach yet
- BIBAK Kanyaw in July