In fact, 2016 was a year I didn't blog that much. Probably because life pulled me in a different direction. Let's just say I'm traversing a road less traveled these days.
It's not easy to pick up where I left off (blogging wise) but I can start where I am at the moment.
Well, 2017 spring has arrived and the warmth of this season seems to awaken me from my blogging slumber. After the long (it feels like it) winter hibernation, everything seem to awaken and bloom with the call of spring including me.
Taken a week ago, the Tidal Basin was in full bloom.
A sudden drop in temperature a few weeks ago damaged some of the buds, but the surviving blooms were still beautiful and spectacular.
Apart from the Cherry Blossoms, spring also brought the beauty of friendship. I finally met Jo and her daughter Jody. Jo is my Iggy Sister and blogger friend based in the U.A.E. I was so comfortable with her and it felt like we've known each other for so long. Jo, thank you so much for taking the time to come see me. I am so honored to meet you and Jody, and I hope we'll see each other again soon.
This spring, there's a few exciting projects/plans brewing:
- preparing the vegetable garden and planning what vegetables to grow this year
- volunteering for a couple of out-of-state events for AAMDS
- driving to a short beach break in Delaware next week and planning an island vacation next month
- my best friend visiting in June and meeting my penfriend from Germany in July
- and of course, enjoying the sun, meals and coffee on the deck and playtime with the fur babies.