Hello! Yes, I'm still here.
I really don't know where to start, but today feels like a good day to start writing. Perhaps because I've calmed my fears and started to feel some semblance of normalcy around me. 2020 and 2021 were absolutely challenging and even as this year comes to a close more than a month, the pandemic is still here. My hope, and I remain hopeful that we will at some point overcome.
- Spent most of 2020 and 2021 working from home and mainly at home.
- In September 2020, we lost our dog, Daisy. She had stomach cancer that spread to her lungs. I was and am still heart broken. I miss her every day.
- In November 2020, I opened my Etsy shop - kaynipost.etsy.com - to sell my excess collection of vintage stamps and my illustration postcards and greeting cards. Every day, I set aside an hour or two to draw. I find it extremely relaxing.
- Our 2020 Christmas holidays went quietly. I did miss the big family gatherings and I couldn't fly out to Hawaii to visit my family due to COVID.
- In April and May 2021, I got my first and second COVID vaccine.
- June 2021, I went back to the office with a hybrid schedule. Slowly, things are opening up in Maryland and DC. I am hoping these are good signs.
- July 2021, our cat, Dizzy, passed away. We miss her so much. In the some month, we moved to a new house, and we're still trying to get organized and settled until today.
- In September 2021, after more than a year of being apart, I finally got to give my Mom, Dad and big brother a hug. My family came to Maryland for a two week visit. I was elated. Family really is EVERYTHING.
- October 2021, we adopted a year old, Beagle mix. We named her Lulu. I am crazy about her.
- November 2021, I got my booster shot of Moderna. It's been a week and I still feel a bit off. Must be my body adjusting.